Friday, February 03, 2006

GeoAztrectric - Working Title

I have finally got started with this painting that I sketched out several months ago. There was no sketch on paper before I started applying pencil marks to the 36" x 48" canvas. The first thing I did was to draw a grid onto the canvas so that I could make the design completely symmetrical.
After all of the pencil lines were drawn in, I took a digital photo of it and downloaded it into the computer. I then used Photoshop to darken the lines so I could print out a sheet of paper with the same design on it. Then I used colored pencils to color the possible color scheme I would use for this painting. So far, I plan on keeping the colors on the canvas the same as the colors on the sheet of paper.
Here we go - the first color applied to the canvas! I chose to start with the lighter colors first because I will be painting outside the lines in some parts. It is easier to cover up those little mistakes with the darker colors. Therefore, I don't need to worry much about staying in the lines at this stage of the painting. Plus, I don't intend for the dividing lines between colors to be perfectly straight. I believe orange will be the next color add to the canvas.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?